Things You Should Know About Bathroom and Kitchen Remodels
Whether you’re re-doing your bathroom or kitchen, there are certain things that you should keep in mind. Keeping them in mind will help you get the results that you want.
Major renovations include replacing appliances and flooring
Whether you want to add a new kitchen or bathroom, or you want to upgrade to a better home, renovations are an excellent way to increase the value of your house. When you are considering a major remodeling project, it is important to remember that the cost will depend on the size of the space and the design you choose.
The most popular places to renovate are the kitchen and bathroom. For the kitchen, you might consider replacing flooring and countertops, painting walls, and installing new cabinet doors and hardware. You can also install new appliances, such as a built-in microwave and refrigerator. For the bathroom, you might change the toilet, shower, and flooring. You can even add a new sink and garbage disposal.
Major renovations include converting a formerly vinyl floor bathroom to tile
Using vinyl plank flooring in a new home is an excellent way to reduce costs and improve the overall look of a space. However, before laying your tiles, it’s important to consider what you’re working with. For example, is the existing floor in good condition? If so, the process of re-flooring may be a bit simpler. If it isn’t, consider installing an underlayment to allow you to return to the original flooring. Luckily, there’s a plethora of products on the market today to choose from.
In addition to re-flooring, you may want to add new light fixtures, countertops, and vanity tops. A new bathroom will also improve the value of your home, and make your family more comfortable.
Major renovations include replacing cabinets
Whether you are replacing a few cabinets, or remodeling your whole kitchen, there are a few things you should know. First, it is important to have a plan for your demolition. This involves shutting off the utilities and laying out a plan for waste disposal. You should also hire a professional plumber to check your pipes, and to help you deal with any minor plumbing issues that may arise during the renovation process.
The next step is to install the new cabinets. You can choose to have narrow filler cabinets installed in your space, or to have sectioned drawers, sliders, or pull-out baskets added. You can add a sink or garbage disposal during this stage, too.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much can a bathroom remodel improve your home’s market value in 2022
An average bathroom remodel will cost $17,000. Bathroom renovations can increase the value of your house by up to $10,000 if you have a plan to sell your home within five year.
These are the reasons:
- Your bathroom can be transformed from being dull and boring to beautiful with a new coat of painting. No matter how small or large your bathroom, a quick renovation can transform it into something truly unique.
- If you are moving soon, you might want to hold off on major renovations until after you have sold your home. However, you can still make updates to your existing bathroom by installing modern fixtures while you wait.
- You can easily install a shower instead of a bathtub, which saves space in your bathroom. You can also fit more storage in this way.
- Installing a recessed vanity mirror helps to create a sleek, contemporary feel. Plus, it adds storage space under the sink.
- It will help you reduce your monthly electric bill by replacing the old light bulbs with more efficient ones.
- A walk-in bathroom means that you won’t have go outside for the loo. You can keep your bathroom clear of clutter.
When it comes to bathroom remodels, homeowners often underestimate how costly they can be.
However, if you’re considering selling your house within five years, you should consider investing in a bathroom makeover.
You may even decide to do the work yourself. It is possible to hire professionals to provide all services at affordable rates.
Here are some tips to help you make your bathroom renovations go smoothly.
- Choose a color scheme that complements the rest of your home.
- Make sure your bathroom has enough space for all your toiletries.
- Make sure you have a towel rail, and a shelf above your basin for towels and other small items.
- You can add a floor rug underneath the door to ensure you don’t slip as you go into and out of the bathroom.
- Blinds can be added to your windows to block the sun’s rays.
- You can control your heating & cooling costs by installing a smart thermostat.
- Get new lighting fixtures and lamps.
- Replace old tiles by ceramic ones. Ceramic tiles look great and are easy-to-clean.
- To remove moisture, install an over-bathroom exhaust fans.
- Seal any cracks on walls with a waterproofing solution of high quality.
- Removing moldy wallpaper should be done.
- If you are painting, opt for neutral shades such as taupe or cream. These colors work well with many types of furnishings.
- A raised washbasin will prevent water from splashing all over the room.
- Check to make sure that there is no electrical outlet near the edge of the bathtub or shower.
- To prevent water from seeping onto the floor, install a shower curtain rod.
- Install a soap dispenser next to the toilet.
Bathroom remodeling projects can be affordable. Planning is key to saving money when you do your own bathroom remodels.
Does new flooring increase home value?
This depends on many factors like location, size and condition. Experts agree however that it doesn’t necessarily affect the resale prices.
Most buyers are looking for a place they feel comfortable living in rather than just a house they want to sell quickly. While new floors may be appealing to potential buyers looking to move into the area in the future, this is often not enough to get them to buy right away.
New flooring not only looks great but it also has many practical benefits. It’s easy-to clean, durable, and requires minimal maintenance. If you choose vinyl, laminate, tile or tile, each room will cost between $1,500 and $3,000.
There are many flooring options available depending on where you live. There are many options in Florida and Hawaii. You may have to choose from less expensive options if your climate is colder.
You should always remember that new floors can improve home values while they do not necessarily affect them. A well-maintained home with new floors looks more appealing to prospective buyers, which means that you could potentially get a better deal on your home.
Is it a good opportunity to remodel your home by 2022?
When you’re ready to sell your house, is the best time to start a home renovation. Although it’s not always an easy task, if you have the right motivation, any project can be made a success.
We all want our homes and lives to reflect who we are. We spend so much time decorating our homes. Our tastes and preferences change as we get older, so it is important to update our homes in order to meet our changing needs.
It is possible that we will be ready to consider selling our homes. It could be that we are ready to move on or purchase a larger home, or simply because we don’t like living in our current home. Whatever the reason for your decision, now is a good time to start to plan how you can improve your home.
What renovations can increase your home’s worth?
You can make your home as attractive as possible.
If you aren’t planning to sell your home soon, there is no need for expensive renovations.
If you are looking to quickly sell your house, it is worth thinking about which type of renovation will give you the best chance to get top dollar for your property.
A great way to boost the value of your home is by making small improvements such as painting walls and ceilings, replacing carpeting, polishing floors, installing new lighting, and fitting new kitchen appliances.
Although these projects might seem like a waste, they can add value to your home.
These little improvements can not only give your home a facelift but also increase its resale potential.
If you are looking to buy a larger home, it is worth considering buying a smaller one first.
This will help you save money long-term as you’ll have to pay less rent.
It will also enable you to spend more money on your dream home’s renovations.
Renovations aren’t always necessary: there are plenty of ways to spruce up your home without spending a fortune.
For instance, you might paint the outside of your house or replace worn-out carpets.
However, if you want to improve the appearance of your house, you should get going.
What should I do in an older house first?
It is best to get rid of everything that you don’t use in your house. If electrical items are needed, you should also get rid of furniture, carpets and curtains.
Then, you can think about what you want to keep in your home. You might decide to leave some of these things behind as well. You may decide to keep certain items if your children are involved.
You should also consider the amount of space you have in your house. This is crucial because it will allow you to store everything you need.
After you have made these decisions, it’s time to start thinking about the things you want to do differently. These are your options
- Paint walls – painting walls can give a room a new look, especially if it is painted in bright colors.
- You can give your room a fresh look by installing carpet.
- Adding storage space – adding shelves and cupboards can allow you to organize your belongings better.
- Light fitting lights into windows and doors help reduce dark corners, while LED bulbs provide energy-efficient light.
- Upgrading appliances can save you money – upgrade your dishwasher, fridge, freezer, or washer.
- Making repairs – Repairing leaky faucets and leaking roofs could save you money down the road.
What is the value of a bathroom remodel?
A bathroom renovation can add 5% value to a house. A bathroom remodel costs on average $5,700. A bathroom renovation can improve the marketability and appeal of a house.
If you are looking to sell your house, a beautiful bathroom is essential. Buyers appreciate a well-organized bathroom. Buyers want bathrooms that are modern and elegant.
Remember that your bathroom design should be in harmony with the rest. You don’t need to change the entire theme or look of the bathroom just for changing the flooring.
If you want to sell your home, you will need to choose the right colors. The bathroom will be the first thing buyers see when they enter the home through the front door. You might find it odd if the bathroom is different in color to the other rooms.
You can enhance the beauty of your bathroom by painting the walls a bright shade of red or yellow. These colors are extremely in demand among buyers. Also, make sure that there are no cracks or holes in the ceiling tiles. Negative impressions could be created by a poorly maintained bathroom.
When remodeling a bathroom, another thing to keep in mind is installing modern lighting fixtures. Bathrooms are now more popular than any other rooms in the house. Lighting fixtures should be bright enough to ensure safety while using them.
It is important that the bathroom has enough space to store all your bathing necessities. Ensure you have adequate storage space for towels, toiletries, and cosmetics.
Make sure the bathroom is clean and free from unpleasant odors.
Which remodeling projects add the most value to your home?
A remodel increases the resale value of a property by $20k-$50k per project.
The average cost of a remodel is between $12-15k. This includes labor and materials as well as permits.
If you want to increase the value of your home, make sure that it offers an experience that people are willing to pay more for.
This could be a swimming pool, spa, outdoor cooking area, fire pit, wine barrel, etc.
You can also add additional bedrooms, bathrooms, living spaces, etc., to increase the value of your home.
If you sell your house in the next few years, you must maximize its potential. The more money you spend renovating your home, the more valuable it will be when it is up for sale.
- Like kitchen addition, bathroom projects have a return on investment of up to 62%. (extraspace.com)
- The average cost to finish a basement is between $2,800 to $34,000, with a return on investment of around 70%. (extraspace.com)
- Adding a sunroom varies from $15,000 to $22,000 with a 50% return on investment. (extraspace.com)
- Kitchen remodels projects can cost between $60-$46,000 and recoup almost 93% of the cost at resale. (extraspace.com)
- About 85 percent of a house is reusable,” says B.J. Perkins, Habitat’s ReUse program manager in Austin, Texas. (thisoldhouse.com)
- Find out how much it costs for an addition.
- Learn more about the cost for projects in the Attics Category.
- Bob Vila: How to Remodel Your Bathroom With Walk-In Showers 101
- Finishing Basement walls: How to make your below-grade space liveable – Bob Vila
- House Bump Out: Increase Space at a Less Price
- How to Build a Simple French Drain or Swale Without a Drain Pipe
14 Home addition ideas for increasing square footage
You can increase your square footage by adding a home addition without spending a lot of money. Here are some suggestions to help increase the space you have while keeping your costs low.
- A second floor can be added inexpensively to increase your living space. If you live in a city with high property taxes, consider adding an attic room above your garage or basement. This could double your living area by as much as 50 percent.
- A sunroom adds value to any house. Sunrooms are used to add value to a house by adding extra bedrooms, offices or playrooms.
- Your kitchen can be expanded without breaking the bank. Install a new fridge, stove, and dishwasher. For additional storage, add shelving and cabinets.
- Consider converting a spare bath into a walkin closet.
- Install a skylight to let light flood the basement. Skylights create a feeling of larger space by letting in natural light.
- Make use of attics, crawlspaces and garages that aren’t being used to create living spaces. These spaces tend to stay cool in summer because the air naturally flows toward cooler spots.
- 7. Deck construction is possible. Decking can transform a small backyard into a relaxing outdoor retreat.
- Create an indoor garden. You can include plants, pots as well as lights and fountains. There should be plenty of windows to allow sunlight in.
- Add a porch. Porches add curb appeal and shelter from the elements.
- You can replace old appliances with more energy-efficient models. Energy efficiency will result in lower utility bills, and better gas mileage.
- Update your plumbing system. Leakage can be fixed and outdated fixtures replaced.
- Eliminate clutter. Clear off shelves and surfaces so you have more space in the room.
- Your walls should be painted differently from the rest of your house. It’s great to make changes every now and again.
- Wallpaper is a better choice than paint. Wallpaper can give rooms a unique look and lasts for a longer time than paint.
A permit and inspections are required for any new construction. These headaches won’t apply if your project is a renovation of an existing home.
Before you start planning your renovation project, it is essential to identify what needs to happen. The best time to do this is before you start building; that way, you’ll know exactly what materials you need.
Plan ahead so that you don’t run out. For instance, if you intend to use tiles in your bathroom, you will need to ensure that you have enough tiles to cover all surfaces. Remember, bigger is better when shopping for tiles. That way, you’re assured that there’s no chance of running out.
You should also check your budget. You might not be able to afford everything you want if your budget is tight.
You may also need to hire an architect or designer. These professionals can help you decide which renovations are best for you and how much money is available.
Once you know what to do next, you need to decide where you can get the supplies you need. You can either visit your local hardware store or shop online at Amazon.com.