Planning a Kitchen Remodel Or a New Installation? Here’s How to Get the Most Out of Your Space
Whether you are planning a kitchen remodel or a new installation, you will want to make sure you take the time to consider the overall layout of your room. In addition, you will want to make sure you plan out how you will use your space and where you will be connecting your kitchen to the rest of your home.
Assessing how you’re going to be using the space
Whether you’re planning a new kitchen, redesigning an old one, or just reorganizing a home office, there are a few steps you can take to ensure you get the most out of your space. The first step is to give your space an objective assessment.
The best way to do this is to take a hard look at what your family needs. Consider how the space is going to be used and what function it will serve. You’ll also want to look at the smallest items you can fit into your kitchen, and make sure you’re only using those items. This will prevent you from overspending on things you won’t use, and give you the space you need to actually cook.
You’ll also want to be sure you are taking note of the most important items in your kitchen, and that you are keeping track of what you have to dispose of in your kitchen and what items you need to store. This will ensure you are only throwing out the items you really need and will give you a streamlined workflow when it comes time to clean up.
Getting a quote for a kitchen installation
Getting a quote for a kitchen installation can be daunting. Not only do you have to consider your budget but you also have to consider your location. You may have a limited choice of fitting companies to choose from. You might be surprised to learn that some parts of the country have longer delivery times than others. Depending on the aforementioned factors, you could be looking at a hefty bill.
The best way to estimate the true cost of your new kitchen is to have a firm price estimate for the labor and materials you plan to use. A good fitter will be more than willing to provide you with an accurate estimate. They will be glad to take the time to discuss their work with you. You can also save money by ordering your new appliances before they arrive at your door.
You may also want to consider the following tips before you call your local fitter. First, ask about their insurance coverage. You don’t want to have to pay for damages you didn’t cause. You should also look into hiring a skip or waste bags to dispose of any rubbish you don’t want buried in your backyard.
Connecting a kitchen with an outdoor space
Whether you’re planning a new kitchen or renovating your current one, connecting a kitchen with an outdoor space can make it even more enjoyable. But before you get started, you should consider the basics.
If you’re planning an outdoor kitchen, it’s important to choose materials that will stand up to the weather and that are grease-resistant. If you’re building a permanent structure, you’ll need permits and footings. You should also make sure that the local building department is aware of your plans.
If you’re looking for a more affordable option, you might want to look into installing a retractable awning. This way, you can provide your guests with a little shade while still having access to the outdoor space.
If you’re looking for ambiance, you can use tiki torches or string lights to illuminate the area. You can also add overhead lighting to give your food preparation a boost.
A series of glass windows or sliding doors can also be used to open up your kitchen to the outside world. An awning or pergola can also cover a portion of your deck, providing some much needed rain protection.
Gathering kitchen inspiration
Whether you’re designing your own kitchen or planning a remodeling project, it’s always a good idea to gather inspiration. You can find ideas in a variety of places, from Pinterest to Instagram. Once you’ve gathered your kitchen inspiration, you can begin to plan your kitchen.
Before you begin, you’ll want to analyze your current kitchen. Think about how many appliances and cabinets you have and what you need. You’ll also need to figure out how you’ll use the space. Then, you can plot out where your appliances and cabinetry will go. If you’re a visual person, you can use a free online tool to design your kitchen. If you prefer to work with a professional, you can have an architect draw a floor plan for your kitchen.
If you’re planning a remodel, you’ll want to take into consideration the size of your new kitchen and the amount of work space you’ll need. If you have room, you may consider having a built-in wet bar. If you don’t, you may need to create a wet bar from scratch. A wet bar makes it easy to entertain guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most important things that appraisers want to see in a home
Home appraisals are more than just an assessment of the property’s value. An appraisal can also be used to estimate the equity that a buyer will receive in the event of a property being sold.
The most important feature of any home is its location. It is important to consider where your house stands relative to how easy it will be for you to reach public transportation, schools, shops, and other amenities. A home that is close by a park, lake, or other facilities may be more valuable than one that is far from the action.
Another key consideration is whether there is sufficient parking space for visitors and family members. Buyers could decide not to purchase the home if there isn’t enough space.
Other factors include how large the lot is, what quality construction materials are used, architectural design features, landscaping, as well as whether there are termites or cracks.
These are the elements that appraisers consider when determining a property’s worth. Appraisal values can vary from $5,000 to $25,000 per square foot. This price includes land and improvements.
Real estate agents, banks, mortgage lenders, insurers, banks and other financial institutions can all conduct appraisals. An appraiser first visits the property to take measurements, and then takes photographs. Next, the appraiser discusses his findings with the seller and provides him with a written report.
What does a bathroom renovation cost to increase your home’s value in 2022
A bathroom remodel costs on average $17,000. A bathroom remodel can add up to $10,000 to the value of your home if you intend on selling it within five years.
Here are the reasons why:
- A fresh coat of paint will transform your bathroom from drab to fab. You don’t have to remodel your entire bathroom. A quick update will transform it from something ordinary into something extraordinary.
- If you are moving soon, you might want to hold off on major renovations until after you have sold your home. However, you can still make updates to your existing bathroom by installing modern fixtures while you wait.
- It is possible to install a shower in lieu of a bathtub. This saves space in your bathroom. You can also fit more storage in this way.
- The modern look of a recessed vanity reflector can be achieved by adding a contemporary touch to your bathroom. A recessed vanity mirror also adds storage space beneath the sink.
- The best way to reduce your monthly electric costs is to replace old lightbulbs with energy-efficient bulbs.
- Installing a walk in shower will mean you don’t have to go outside to use your loo. You can keep your bathroom clear of clutter.
When it comes to bathroom remodels, homeowners often underestimate how costly they can be.
But, if your goal is to sell your house in five years or less, you should think about renovating the bathroom.
You might even want to do some of the work. It is possible to hire professionals to provide all services at affordable rates.
Here are some tips to make sure your bathroom remodel goes smoothly.
- Select a color scheme that matches the rest of your home.
- Your bathroom should have enough space to store all of your toiletries.
- You should also include a towel rack and a shelf over the basin for towels and other household items.
- You might consider putting a mat under the door to prevent you from slipping when you enter and exit the bathroom.
- Add a window blind to help block out unwanted sunlight.
- A smart thermostat can be installed to control your heating and cooling.
- Upgrade your lighting with new lamps or light fittings.
- Replace old tiles by ceramic ones. Ceramic tiles look great and are easy-to-clean.
- To remove moisture from the air, install an exhaust fan in your bathroom.
- You can seal cracks in walls with a high quality waterproofing solution.
- Remove any moldy wallpaper and apply a fresh coat of paint.
- Paint in a neutral tone such as white, cream or taupe. These colors go well with almost all kinds of furnishings.
- Install a raised washbasin in order to keep water from splashing around the room.
- You should ensure that no electrical sockets are located near the edge or the bathtub.
- Install a shower curtain rod on the floor to stop water dripping onto it.
- Install a soap dispenser next to the toilet.
Bathroom remodeling projects don’t always have to cost a lot. Planning is key to saving money when you do your own bathroom remodels.
What home improvements are not worth the cost?
Many home improvement companies make grand claims, but if you really look at them, there is nothing special about them. You might save money with them, but they will probably charge you more for the exact same results.
There are many home improvement companies that promise to save you time. But, if you really look, these promises may not be worth the paper.
One example is when a contractor promises to replace your roof with an energy-efficient model, which will save you thousands of dollar per year in heating costs. He may not reveal that his company uses poor materials, which will cause water to leak onto your floors, leading to costly damage.
Contractors often claim that they will install siding that lasts for decades. However, they forget to mention that vinyl siding can cost hundreds more than vinyl siding.
The bottom line is that home improvement companies usually sell products that are inferior to those offered by local businesses. So while they may seem like a bargain, they’re a ripoff.
Are new floors good for increasing home value?
This depends on many factors like location, size and condition. Experts agree however that it doesn’t necessarily affect the resale prices.
A place where they feel at home is more important than a house that sells quickly. While new floors may be appealing to potential buyers looking to move into the area in the future, this is often not enough to get them to buy right away.
New flooring not only looks great but it also has many practical benefits. It’s easy-to clean, durable, and requires minimal maintenance. You can expect to pay about $1,500-3,000 for each room if you choose hardwood, laminate, tile, or vinyl.
The flooring options you have will vary depending on where your home is located. There are many options for flooring in Florida and Hawaii. But if you live in colder climates, you may need to settle for less expensive alternatives.
It is important to remember that while new floors may increase home values, they don’t necessarily decrease them. A home with new floors is more attractive to potential buyers. You may get a better offer on your house.
How does a basement bathroom improve the value of a home?
Bathrooms make homeowners more likely to sell their property. The addition of a bathroom increases the likelihood that buyers will consider buying the property for resale purposes as well as for personal use. People who buy homes tend to want at least two bathrooms. But, adding a bathroom to the basement does not automatically increase your home’s worth. It all depends where the bathroom will be located. It will impact the overall value of the house if the bathroom is located in the basement.
But, the bathroom could be located in another room of the house like the living space, which would not negatively impact the home’s overall market value. A basement bathroom is preferred by some homeowners because it makes the house seem larger.
In conclusion, a bathroom can be a great addition to a home. The bathroom should be done right to maintain the home’s overall value.
What should you not do when remodeling a house?
You can’t just paint the room and call it good. It doesn’t really matter how beautiful the colors are, if the room isn’t comfortable or useful.
Consider whether you could make your home more appealing by updating its overall design.
It is important to remember that a house is more than just a building for living. It is a place where people can live, work, play, and relax.
To ensure this happens in an enjoyable and healthy way, you need to pay particular attention to each area.
For instance, if you have an outdated kitchen but a stunning view of trees out your window, don’t let them distract you.
Instead, look for ways to incorporate them in the design.
You might consider adding a deck to your backyard or replacing existing cabinets with white oak ones.
For a relaxing and calm feeling, incorporate plants in your space.
Be aware of the traffic flow throughout your home. Visitors will be frustrated if there are too many steps between the front and back doors or too many hallways that lead nowhere.
It is important that each room has a clear purpose.
You might decide that not all rooms are worth renovating. If you are selling a house that only has one bedroom updated, it may be best to leave the rest unfinished.
The same applies to bathrooms and kitchens. You may choose to remodel only one bathroom, or just one kitchen. It makes sense to put your efforts into one area.
It’s always a better idea to start small and end up big.
How much does a bathroom redesign increase my home’s worth?
Remodeling a bathroom can increase the property’s value by 5%. A bathroom remodel typically costs $5,700. A bathroom renovation increases the marketability and desirability of a home.
A beautiful bathroom will make your home more appealing to potential buyers. Buyers like a clean and well-organized bathroom. They want a bathroom that is modern, well-designed and equipped with luxury appliances.
It is important to remember that your bathroom should match the rest of your home when renovating it. You don’t want to change the theme of the bathroom simply because the flooring or wall color has been changed.
You must also choose the right color scheme if you plan to sell the home. Most buyers won’t notice the bathroom if it isn’t visible from the front door. Therefore, if the bathroom has a different color from the other rooms, it might look out of place.
Brighten up your bathroom’s beauty by painting it in bright colors of yellow or red. These colors are very well-liked by buyers. You should also ensure that the ceiling tiles do not have any cracks or holes. An unkept bathroom could create negative impressions about the house.
When remodeling a bathroom, another thing to keep in mind is installing modern lighting fixtures. Bathrooms are now more popular than any other rooms in the house. To ensure safety, lighting fixtures must be sufficiently bright to allow for safe use.
The bathroom needs to be spacious enough to accommodate everything needed during bathing. Ample storage space is necessary for towels, toiletries and cosmetics.
Last but not least, ensure the bathroom is clean.
- Kitchen remodels projects can cost between $60-$46,000 and recoup almost 93% of the cost at resale. (extraspace.com)
- Like kitchen addition, bathroom projects have a return on investment of up to 62%. (extraspace.com)
- These additions run 10-20% cheaper than conventional home additions and are made off-site, saving you from living in a constant construction zone. (extraspace.com)
- The average cost to finish a basement is between $2,800 to $34,000, with a return on investment of around 70%. (extraspace.com)
- Adding a sunroom varies from $15,000 to $22,000 with a 50% return on investment. (extraspace.com)
- Bob Vila – Walk-in showers 101: What you need to know before your bathroom remodel
- Finishing Basement Walls: How to Make Your Below-Grade Space Livable – Bob Vila
14 Home addition ideas for increasing square footage
You can increase your square footage by adding a home addition without spending a lot of money. Here are some suggestions to help increase the space you have while keeping your costs low.
- A second floor can be added inexpensively to increase your living space. If you live somewhere with high property taxes, an attic room could be a good option. This could increase your home’s living space by up to 50 percent.
- Sunrooms add value to any property. Sunrooms can often be used as additional bedrooms, offices and playrooms.
- Without breaking the bank, you can expand your kitchen. Install a new fridge, stove, and dishwasher. For additional storage, add shelving and cabinets.
- Consider converting a spare bath into a walkin closet.
- A skylight will allow light to flood the basement. Skylights provide great natural lighting and make the basement feel larger.
- Use attics, crawlspaces, garages and basements to convert them into living spaces. These spaces usually stay cool during summer because air naturally flows toward cooler spots.
- 7. Build a deck. Decking can transform a small backyard into a relaxing outdoor retreat.
- Create an indoor garden. You can include plants, pots as well as lights and fountains. You should have plenty of windows for sunlight to filter through.
- You can add a porch. Porches offer shelter from rain and snow and give your home curb appeal.
- Replace old appliances with energy-efficient models. Energy efficiency is a better way to save money and get more mileage.
- Update your plumbing system. Leakage can be fixed and outdated fixtures replaced.
- Get rid of clutter. Clear shelves and surfaces to create more space.
- Different colors can be used for walls than in the rest. It’s fun to change things up every once in a while.
- Wallpaper can be used in place of paint. Wallpaper creates a unique appearance in rooms that lasts much longer than paint.
You’ll need to pay permits and inspections to construct a new home. But if you’re renovating an existing structure, you won’t have to deal with those headaches.
Planning a renovation is the first step. This is the best time to do it before you begin building.
You need to plan ahead to ensure that you don’t run short of supplies. You will need enough tiles for the entire shower area if you are planning to use tiles. Remember that larger is always better when buying tiles. You can be sure that the tiles will never run out.
You should also check your budget. If you have a tight one, it might not be possible to afford everything on your wish list.
A designer or architect may also be required. They will help you to determine the best renovations for your house and how much you can afford.
Once you know what to do next, you need to decide where you can get the supplies you need. You can visit your local hardware shop or shop online at Amazon.com.